Rationel windows and doors are secured by design
Security performance is a significant factor when it comes to selecting windows and doors. Rationel’s experience with Housing Associations, community developments and commercial projects, means that the security and safety of our windows and doors is second to none.
Our enhanced windows and doors have been tested and marked according to several national and European standards, including ’Secured by Design’.
To be certified under this initiative, the window frame or door frame and corresponding lock and hardware set has to be able to withstand a series of physical tests based on common burglary methods. Rationel has a wide range of products, which meet ’Secured by Design’ specifications.
- A three-point espagnolette locking mechanism with a solid hook bolt in hardened steel is one of the burglary inhibiting details in Rationel doors.
- A reinforced espagnolette increases the strength of the door’s closing points.
- Extra-strong reinforced screws increase the strength of all door hinges.
- Hook bolts in hardened steel combined with a reinforced front plate can resist the severest of attacks from the burglars’ tools.
- A security receiver with countersunk screws fixed in the sturdy part of the frame makes it difficult to break open the window.
- Window hinges reinforced with extra-strong security angles make it extremely difficult to pull the sash out of the frame.
- The length of time it takes to break a laminated pane will discourage even the most persistent of burglars.
Our enhanced windows and doors have been tested and marked according to the police-initiated scheme ’Secured by Design’.